Thursday, December 09, 2004

Fund Raising

Dear diary,

06-12-2004
I went for tennis training in the morning.. think my tennis is still the same. Hmm, what is more meaningful i did that day was a fund raising. This is introduced by one of my tennis mate- mIchelle. I went to China Court to help raisie fund on behalf of Youth Challenge. Actually it helps build up my confidence level when i have to approach strangers on the street trying to persuade them to contribute to these elderly living in redhill estates - one room flat houses. They actually live in a poor conditions where some dun even have a bed to sleep on. What I have learn from this experience is that not all wealthy people are as generous as we thought they are suppose to be. I appreciate those ordinary people whom i met on the street n i m inspire to be like them to be a kind hearted soul. I understand that the candle is expensive but is really really for a good cause... i just wish i could buy all but i'm still a student. There's nothing much i could be but at least i give all my energy to do the best i could.

No comments: