Monday, April 03, 2006

3rd day

2nd April 2006
8.08pm(usa)

Dear diary,
I just reached home from Alantic City = the hometown casino. I have nv been to the casion b4, now i now what's it's like. It's really huge... I played! N i lost! whaha... 5 cents n 1cents machines. i lost $2.65. No beginner's luck =( Anyway, the scenary there are beautiful! we walked for hours but it's nv tiring unlike singapore. Big sun but cooling weather! U just have to had ur sunglasses on. We had lunch in the rainforest cafe. It's really cool in there. We have te gorillas, the elephant with stars on the ceiling. Every 15 minutes, the weather in there changes - u will have thunderstorms. n the elephants made a bunch of noises! I had wraps.. they are large i think two to three times of the poh pian in singapore! the fries here are tasty! big n long n not so salty...
Yesterday , we went to the new york city. I saw the Brooklyn brige - it's very long. I love the view... looks like those i saw in the movies.Then we have the Manhatten bridge just behind it as well as the William Burge bridge. These bridges were named after the city that you are going to. Which means tt if u r on the Brooklyn bridge, it links u to Brooklyn. Went to Chinatown there..not much of chinese afterall cos hardly anyone speaks chinese. Most of them come from mainland. Karl says that the chinese don't hang around cos they are lazy to learn the eng language so they often stays around together. This explains why chinatown is growing.. on the other hand Italy now becomes Little Italy. Everything here is expensive! The parking lot for 5 hours cost over $20. Every meal we had cost around 70 bucks. N they dun cook, everyone eats out. Luckily I'm not staying in the usa, cos i will be very broke! It's a tip country... every meal u have to give them 10% of tips cos they don't have service charge. I took the subway ytd in new york city. It's rather old n i don't like the smell cos there's no rules here. U can eat in the subway too. But u won't see any chewing gums around cos pple here dun really eat them. I have my high tea in one of the snacks stall in Chinatown. Wow... they really know how to enjoy their meals! I took photos of my cakes- all chocolate n yummy! Everything here is huge - the people, the drinks, the food even the rubbish bins! All the buildings in nyc have an average of 40 storey. U get to see different kinda people in nyc n nobody cares! In a day, there are about 18 million people in nyc. Can u imagine?
It's only three days n i thot i was here for a week already. Cos i woke up at 4in the morning n slp at 7pm ... i just couldn't get used to the time. Today is better.. now is 8.30pm n i still do not feel sleepy. :)
Something interesting happen during lunch. Ivis was eating n she tried to eat one of the 'food' on her plate. It was a decoration n it looks like a vegetable so she thot ' hmm new vegetable, gonna try it.' After she tastes it, marina stops her n told her she wonder if it was food cos she nv see b4. So, she stops.. on our way to another casino. We say a plant n it looks exactly like the ones she ate them. So it was a flower that they jus pluck it n place it on her dish. Way to go ivis! not a new vegetable :)
Maybe later i can post some pictures cos marina bought her camera with her today.

@deine=> more pounds!

No comments: