Things hasn't been much better in any way when the pelvis pain hit me at week 22, in between my hospitalization leave. I am getting frustrated as to what is this pain that causes every step I take to be a chore. It hurts as though your muscles are pulling apart. Daily chores like changing, showering, changing sleeping positions takes a toil out of me. Can I scream? I cannot... Because no one understands. To lift a foot just to walk the next step makes me think twice if I should even start walking. I called in to gynae after bearing this pain for 4 days over NDP weekend thinking that I have over strain or stretch too much during yoga. She said it was normal and told me to take panadol if I cannot bear the pain. Tbh, I was pissed after that phone call. Normal again?! The times I threw up to hyperventatilation and every single thing I experienced is NORMAL. Hell no! No one ever told me this is normal in their preg, rather I asked and no one I knew go through this. Why must I be so special? I complained to dear that if everything gonna be so normal then why should I even spend so much to see a gynae? The normalized thought made me felt like I should change a gynae... He said I was being too sensitive and she prob see so many patients and these are really normal symptoms. Fine! Will asked her in 2 weeks time while I struggle everyday in these small little movements of my legs. Somehow my instinct tell me is not normal and I'm not gonna take this as an answer.
Visited the gynae and I told her my issue... She said it's too early to feel this pain. It's right at the center of my pelvis, something that people experienced it only closer to labour when your baby gets engaged. I knew it! Thank god, I didn't get normal as an answer as I want to get rid of this pain. Now from a psychiatrist to a chiropractor I was referred to. Good.. There's a savior I thought. Week 23, finally I'm gaining 1.5kg and little R is doing great. She managed to suck all the nutrients she needed and gynae said,'Fat thighs!' I chuckled... Just like me fat thighs as I thought in my mind. 'Long legs...' And I heaved a sign of relief.. Cannot imagine fat and short lol!
That's something that keeps me going is the ultrascan of little R. Somehow I feel happier seeing her growing well despite my body breaking down in every single part except for the face. Apparently that's pregnancy glow.
Two days later, we visited the chiropractor and she was very professional and well equipped. I really learnt a lot more of my condition for her. Let's just say not to take scoliosis lightly. I have a rotated spine from what I recalled from an X Ray which I took 5 years ago. I suffered severe back and calf ache which cause insomnia or sleepless nights throughout ever since I started working. Apparently, pregnancy hormones loosen the pelvis to get ready for labour and as a result my pelvis decided to rotate. This causes pain especially my right side. She did a nerve test to identify the blockage of nerves as these help to send information to your body. She also asked me to push and pull using different parts of my hands, arms, legs to test for my strength. The last examination was on my pelvis which was so painful so badly that I wanted to shout out but I held back. Tears just welled up in my eyes.. That pain was like someone trying to break my bones. I just couldn't put down in words... I don't know what is labour pain yet but I would like to believe my pain threshold is high for now.
Read up quite abit on misalignment pelvis which can cause natura birth to be not possible. I asked my gynae on epidural with a scoliosis if I can take it. She says yes but I might not get the full effect. Research on pelvis pain also could result in fractured pelvis bone if no necessary precautions is taken. Thank god, my gynae did not tell me is normal as it happens to one lady where her nurses and mid wife told her is normal to feel this pain. This causes her to be in wheel bound after birth. Am I scare? Yes, I am.. Won't you? Options to my mind includes c sec with GA because of epidural is not going to take effect , it has to be GA. Is this what I want? No... This is the last thing that came to my mind. I am upset as I signed up for hypnobirth wanting to learn how to cope with pain as I somehow know that epidural might be something I cannot rely on during natura birth and I need to learn how to cope. But now... I am not sure anymore. Gonna wait for my nerve report and what gynae recommends.
Last night week 24+5 days was terrible. It was close to midnight and I started to throw up 3 times till bile came out again. Every time it happens, I cannot help but feel depress. I feel so weak and the thought that he is going to travel tomorrow for 4 days make me feel so helpless. I cried like a little girl asking him not to go... He divert and switched the topic avoid it. I was mad. All I wanted was to hear him say is ok, everything will be fine during days that he is away. Things got worse when the pelvis pain hit me badly at that moment, again I grit my teeth bearing the pain for a good few minutes before it goes away. What a night to end but yes, it happens.
To all mum to be, what ever happened.... This shall pass. I'm feeling ok next day and moved back to my mum's place for these couple of days. Bless me with good feelings and health till he is back.
No comments:
Post a Comment